Mother's Day

My son is eight years old. Yesterday, he got a small cup from the cupboard and filled it half with water. Then went outside to my rose bushes.

He pulled on the blossoms with his hands, trying to free them, breaking branches in the process. After many attempts, he could not pick any with stems long enough for the heads to peek over the top of the cup.

So he scattered the remnants of all the freshly picked flowers in the yard and went inside.

On my coffee table, I have an expensive silk arrangement of pink roses. He pulled out several stems and put those into the cup of water.

Then he brought me the cup of roses and said proudly: “These are for you, for Mother's Day.”

Awwww. How am I supposed to tell him how wrong he is?

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment