Today, I'm working on character development with The Age Five Philosophy, which helps define and set the unconsious behavior of the characters.
According to psychologists, every person makes a decision about life based on what they experienced in the first five years. This philosophy (not a conscious one), colors every decision and action a person makes.
Age 5 philosophy: “Life is a place where ______ and the way I can best fit into it is _______.”
Here are a few examples from characters in "Shadow Need" part one of the Nuhu Saga:
- Emily Shadow (Heroine) "Life is a place where powerful people make up the rules and the way I can best fit into it is to pretend to be human, watch, learn, and wait until I can take away their control."
- Brent Cambers (Hero) “Life is a place where the people you love hurt you and the way I can best fit into it is to never love anyone.”
- Chaos (Antagonist) “Life is a place where I am the most superior being to ever exist and the way I can best fit into it is to force people to worship my greatness and punish those who refuse.”
- Mr Red (blocking character) “Life is a place where grief is the only real emotion and the way I can best fit into it is to rage against those who cause me grief.”
- Filo (sidekick) “Life is a place where I can experience exciting adventures and the way I can best fit into it is to seize the moment and live life on the edge.”
I'll keep you posted.